A boutique San Jose law firm, Hanley Law provides estate planning and real estate law expertise. Responsive and sensitive to individual needs, we create estate plans that preserve wealth and retain independence while preparing for the future. Because many of our clients own residential or commercial property in California, we’ve found that estate planning and real estate law often go hand in hand.
The saying you can’t avoid death and taxes is an apt one as estate planning deals with both.
Effective estate planning helps individuals and families retain control over their financial and medical affairs during life (even if incapacitated) and after death. A key feature of an estate plan is to minimize taxes when property is distributed to beneficiaries, which eliminates the stress and costs associated when courts get involved.
Estate planning helps individuals and families minimize taxes when property is distributed to heirs. It also outlines specific plans with regard to health directives, powers of attorney, as well as how a trust is administered.
Whether you need a living trust or help in updating one, Hanley Law has the in-depth expertise you need to make sure your loved ones are protected and cared for. Our estate planning services include:
- Estate Plans – creating new ones or revising and amending out-of-date documents
- Wills & Living Trusts (Irrevocable, Revocable. Special Needs)
- Asset Protection/Probate Avoidance
- Conservatorship or other special needs trusts
- Inheriting Property
- Elder Law and Qualifying for Medi-Cal
- Powers of attorney (financial/durable powers of attorney, living wills, & advance health care directives)
- Probate Administration
- Trust Administration
Real Estate Law
Owning property in California can be complex. Sometimes, you just need specialized and honest real estate advice from a trusted legal professional who also understands estate planning. Real estate law runs the gamut from ownership or leasing agreements to 1031 exchanges to simple real estate purchasing or selling transactions. Regardless of your need, Hanley Law has a broad and deep knowledge of real estate law, including:
- Distressed properties like foreclosure, short sales, and deed in lieu foreclosure
- Residential & Commercial leasing agreement
- Eviction and unlawful detainer representing both landlords & tenants
- Real Estate transactions for buyers and sellers
- Joint ownership agreements like tenants in common
- Partnership Agreements and Joint Ventures for real estate investments
- 1031 Property Exchanges
- 3rd Party Accommodator services
- Titling, vesting or deed disputes